Wednesday, July 23, 2014

Grace in Parenting

In the midst of a busy morning moment, my middle child comes to me, giggling with something taped to his mouth.


Trust.

Trust in the Lord.

Trust in the Lord's grace for you.

Trust in the Lord's grace for your children.

2 Corinthians 12:9
But he said to me, “My grace is sufficient for you, for my power is made perfect in weakness.”Therefore I will boast all the more gladly of my weaknesses, so that the power of Christ may rest upon me.

If God's grace is sufficient for me, it is more than sufficient for my children. Even if I mess it up (and I will), God has a plan for my children.

ROUNDTABLE ON PARENTING: Jono Linebaugh, Elyse Fitzpatrick, Paul Tripp | LIBERATE 2012 from Coral Ridge | LIBERATE on Vimeo.

The video above is such an encouragement to me. It's an important reminder to give your children to the Lord who knows and loves them more than we ever could.

Also, it's a good idea to say you're sorry. Often!! I know that it humbles me but it also brings me closer to my children. We are all God's children and co-heirs of Christ. We are all struggling in sin and can pray for and with each other. What sweet communion!!

No comments:

Post a Comment